N ew York City is a popular destination to visit year-round with plenty of things to see and do. From Central Park, to Broadway, to museums, and many infamous architectural landmarks; there is no shortage of activities for a visitor. But, if you are planning a visit in 2013, to make your trip even more memorable there are some events on the city that you should time it around.
- Broadway (March 2013) – there are two highly anticipated shows opening on Broadway this March. If you’re traveling with your family or as a couple, Cinderella the classic fairy tale, takes the stage on March 3, 2013 and will be enjoyable for people of all ages. Breakfast at Tiffany’s is a new stage adaptation of the beloved novella and movie. It opens on March 20th, 2013 at Cort Theatre, and was written by Truman Capote.
- Central Park (in the fall) – Central Park is a beautiful New York destination at any time of the year. But in the fall, when there are colorful leaves on the trees and on the ground, the aesthetic appeal is further enhanced. Take a carriage ride through the park, or walk through the Central Park Zoo.
- Macy’s Day Parade (Thanksgiving) – the Macy’s Parade, that takes place during the Thanksgiving season is an American tradition. You may watch it on TV every year, but it is a once in a lifetime experience to witness it in person. See all of the floats and balloons for some of the top brands, and experience the excitement. Kids in particular will love the exuberant, colorful environment offered by the Macy’s Parade.
- Times Square Ball Drop (New Year’s Eve) – people around the world tune in to watch the ball drop in Time’s Square to ring in the New Year. But there is nothing like seeing it happen in person, and celebrating the evening with great music and excitement. While it is not recommended to drive into the city during one of the busiest nights of the year, parking near Times Square is available.
- New York City Marathon (November) - The New York City Marathon is scheduled for November 3, 2013. It is one of the largest marathons in the world. If you’re an athlete, attempting the NYC marathon is one of those things that you must check off your to do list. Make a week of it and celebrate the victory of completing the marathon by touring around the city.
Of course, there are many other activities happening in New York City every month of the year. The ones listed above are just a few of the events that you should consider planning your trip around for an amazing NYC experience.